Monday, March 05, 2007

Goddam she's gorgeous as well as ridiculously talented!

This woman is amazing, I think if I were to marry a woman she'd be the one.

That may be a little hasty going on one of her albums and an interview, but of course these predictions are pretty easy to make when you never intend to get married to anyone.

Anyways, I heard her voice on a sunny morning in London but it was frequently interupted by my dear friend who was finding it hard to stick with any one song for more than about ten seconds, her mind was elsewhere that day. To be honest I thought it sounded like one of those albums you reallly have to work at to enjoy.

But then, over a pint of dark star, another dear friend gave me a copy of her album. And with it, strict instructions as to the method of listening. Normally I would ignore such advice in my arrogant way but coming from him and already suspecting it might need a little more effort than most I followed them to the letter.

Ensuring the kids were sound asleep and not distracted by anything i dedicated my self to stillness and listening. But only one song at a time. Which took me a while, i don't have that many 20 minute slots of unintterupted self indulgence in my life, but these were worth reserving. I'm sure she's not to everyone's taste but this interview is so ultra cute that i don't see how you could not love her!

5 Comments:

At 1:29 PM, Blogger thisismarcus said...

Any chance you could tell us who it is?

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger The Paranoid Mod said...

An elf with a harp.

 
At 1:51 AM, Blogger Scribbler said...

Yep, she's cool.

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Basquiat Scrawls said...

oh yeah sorry, i titled it by her name but changed it and forgot, Joanna Newsom of course!

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger thisismarcus said...

I've tried it now and I just can't get past her child-like ga-ga voice. I want to like it but it's too far out even for me, and I like the Fiery Furnaces :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home