Thursday, August 31, 2006

Ten things I love about England

Seeing as our government has been hard at work swiftly removing our civil liberties through their bastard terrorist act and the usual flag wavers of patriotism in this country are right wing racists I thought perhaps I'd do my bit to remember some of the good things about this country that still exist:
1. The seasons change just when I'm getting bored.
2. England has Yorkshire, in particular the Calder Valley. I have never seen anywhere more starkly and wildly beautiful.

4. In no other country can I walk into a pub 200 miles away from where I live, unplanned, and know for sure that people there will know me and I them.
5. When something bad happens someone will always offer you a cup of tea.
6. Looking at most of the art in England even in London, unlike New York, is free.
7. We have the best postal service in the world but are still allowed to get away with pretending it is to blame for being late sending birthday cards/losing important letters.
8. It rains a lot.
9. We have loads and loads of brilliant bands, and I understand their social commentary.
10. Most of my friends live here.
And just one more for luck...
11. Dancing like crazy feels comfortable and easy in good English nightclubs.

2 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Blogger The Paranoid Mod said...

What happened to reason number 3? Must be that pesky government again...

 
At 12:29 AM, Blogger Basquiat Scrawls said...

oh yeah,oops,the education system can't be that hot if one of their undergrads can't count to ten!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home