Sunday, June 17, 2007

Vacation Over; holiday begins here.

Hmm. So. April was a long time ago now. Mostly I have been trying to cram lots of opinions into my brain and regurgitate them in an intelligible format. Four extended essays and three exams later i'm not sure if i remember any of it but at least my eyes and neck no longer ache. And to add to the relief I have stopped dreaming about political theory and started dreaming about sex again. Much better!

Having a four month holiday is a strange thing. Its a bit like I job share with myself. Only the employers for some reason won't let me do part time IR and Development and part time childcare. Instead I must have intense 50 hour weeks studying for a term followed by intense full time childcare for a term. I can't be bothered to work out how many hours a week the kids are not at school or nursery but its a lot anyways.

I don't know if many other parents ever think of their parenting role as a job with set hours. I hope it doesn't come across as if I think that's all it is but i'm afraid certain aspects of my co-parenting arrangements dangerously resemble work related behaviour. When you occupy a world in which you are required to fill in an excel spreadsheet to allocate parenting slots and your five year old thinks it perfectly normal to play at writing a childcare rota the boundaries can get a little blurred. All I can say is thank God for weekends!

3 Comments:

At 1:12 AM, Blogger Helen said...

I'm proud of her organisational (some would say anal - those weirdo Freudian types) tendencies. That girl will go a long way!

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Basquiat Scrawls said...

well she does take after her aunty in more than a few ways!!

 
At 3:48 AM, Blogger thisismarcus said...

Why not get Jess to do the ACTUAL rota? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home